Saturday, November 1, 2008

5-Year Anniversary

It's my wife and I's 5-year anniversary today! This is the card I made her. I may have to explain it a little: Probably my favorite snacks in the whole world is peanut butter toast with sliced bananas. Yum!! I have it nearly every day for lunch. Rayna always teases me about it. So, a few days ago I was pondering great anniversary card ideas while partaking in this wonderful treat, when the idea struck me. I think she found it funny. I think a lot of wives would find it insulting to be depicted as a banana on an anniversary card. Not Rayna. I'm a lucky man! As for the text, I was listening to the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. Don't laugh, I like that soundtrack. (The actual quote is "How wonderful LIFE is now you're in the world". I think my version works just as well)

I'm liking this illustration and the color. I think I may use it for an illustration promotional. I have to do a little work on it. The banana's right foot looks a little fat compared to the left, and I want to lighten her eyes. And, of course, I'll change the text.



No comments: