Friday, June 26, 2009

Visit to the Charles M. Schulz Museum

Recently my wife and I took a really fun vacation to California. We went to to my cousin's graduation in San Luis Obispo, then made our way to Disneyland for a few days, and on up through the wine country and Redwoods. It was great. One of the highlights for both my wife and me was a quick, unexpected stop to the Charles M. Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa. If you ever find yourself driving through Santa Rosa and the wine country I highly recommend stopping here for a couple of hours (regrettably, we only had one hour to spend).

One of my favorite pieces in this museum is a wall filled with thousands of Schulz's strips. Below is the wall pictured from afar. The wall was designed by artist, Yoshiteru Otani. Luckily the piece is displayed in the "camera okay" section of the museum.



Other highlights include multiple original sketches and strips inked by Sparky himself, as well as memorabilia from his life, and a nearly-exact replica of his studio (which, I believe, features his actual drawing table). You can find more information at the museum's website: www.schulzmuseum.org.


No comments: